The Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale started yesterday and I’ve got a handy shopping list and mini-capsule wardrobe of seven outfits created from it just for you today.
The sale can be a tad bit overwhelming, to say the least. There are just SO many great deals and pieces. How do you narrow it down? And worse than that, if you don’t shop with a plan, you could end up with a big bag of pieces and have no idea what to wear them with.
By now you should know that I’m a huge advocate for shopping with a purpose. Every trip should have a shopping list and every piece on that list should have an outfit that it belongs to. You must have a game plan before you set foot out the door (or hop online) to save you both time and money.
Here are my 15 must-have’s from the Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale. These pieces will be perfect to add to your fall and winter wardrobe. And every piece has a purpose. I’ve created seven day’s worth of outfits made up from pieces on the list.
15 Nordstrom Fall 2016 Clearance Sale Must Have’s
1. Wrap – this fringed wrap is the perfect layering piece for travel. It adds lightweight warmth and style to just about anything.
2. Open Front Cardigan – the generous size and cocoon like fit of this open front cardigan make it a cozy companion to your leggings.
3. Quilted Vest – this gold tone details and quilting on this navy puffer vest make it look much more expensive than it is.
4. Wool Peacoat – a camel peacoat will never go out of style. The shorter length on this one makes it more casual but it’s the under $40 price tag that got it on the list.
5. Tunic Blouse – a flowy tunic blouse is an instant outfit maker. Pair it up with distressed jeans and heeled ankle boots plus a long pendant necklace for a date night look.
6. Striped Sweater – a perennial favorite, this lightweight striped sweater is a fall and winter essential.
7. Turtleneck – you heard it here first, 2016 is the year of the turtleneck. Snap up a few slim-fitting turtlenecks to layer under ponchos, wraps and sweaters. This one is under $14!
8. Distressed Jeans – this pair of distressed jeans for under $40 is a great way to update your denim collection.
9. Over the Knee Boots – if you’ve been wanting to try the over the knee trend, you can’t go wrong with this pair of classic boots. Check out the braiding detail on the back.
10. Ankle Boots – the low heel makes these the perfect ankle boot. Pair up taupe with every color in your closet.
11. Riding Boots – if you’re been around GYPO for awhile, you already know these are my favorite riding boots ever. I’ve had them for five years and they’re still going strong. It’s rare to find them on sale, so get them while you can.
12. Duck Boots – these duck boots will keep your feet warm and dry through the rain, slush or snow. The color and quilted details give them an updated look.
13. Tartan Scarf – this tartan blanket scarf comes in three different colors and does double duty as a wrap or scarf.
14. Pendant Necklace – a pretty pendant that comes in four colors for under $10? This purchase is a no-brainer!
15. Watch – this is pretty much the perfect watch, the minimalist look will be in style forever. Even though I have an Apple watch, I love the simple, classic look of this one.
Love capsule wardrobes? Join the Style Challenge! You’ll get your capsule wardrobe shopping list of seasonal trends and classic pieces to create a season’s worth of mix and match outfit ideas – delivered to your inbox daily. Learn more.