SPRING STYLE ME PRETTY CHALLENGE SHOPPING LIST
Download it, print it, shop it. If you have any questions, please refer to the Helpful Tips and Info at the bottom of this page. I will update it on a regular basis with relevant information regarding the shopping list and outfits. You’ll have ten days to get all of the pieces in place before the first outfit is released. If you don’t have all of the pieces in place, don’t stress. You will have lifetime access to all of the outfits.
Before shopping, please keep in mind that my picks are recommendations only. You are welcome to shop anywhere that you’d like and buy anything that you want as long as the styles and colors are similar. Remember to shop your closet first. You’ll probably find that you already have quite a few items on the list.
Here’s your downloadable shopping list to print out and take along.
PRINTABLE SHOPPING LIST
2014 Spring Style Me Challenge Shopping List
JEANS + SKIRTS
1. White Jeans (1 pair, any style)
Substitutions: White pants or light khakis. If you missed my white jeans post, check it out HERE for reviews of several brands.
2. Boyfriend Jeans (1 pair, any wash)
Substitutions: Any looser fitting jean that’s able to be cuffed.
3. Skinny Jeans (1 pair, dark wash)
Substitution: Straight leg, dark wash jeans.
4. Maxi Skirt (Striped or Similar)
Substitutions: Shorter skirt, but try to stick with black/white graphic pattern. If you can’t find stripes or another pattern, a solid black maxi will work too.
5. Neutral Flats
Substitution: Leopard Flats
6. Leopard Flats
Substitution: Neutral Flats
7. Neutral Wedges
Substitution: Neutral Flat Sandals (if you don’t wear wedges).
8. Metallic Sandals
Substitution: Neutral Flat Sandals
9. Tank Top (1 Bright Color)
Substitutions: A bright t-shirt. I will be styling the melon tank but you can also choose teal, yellow, pink or any other light or bright solid. *Please refer to color coordination note below.
10. & 11. T-shirts (1 white, 1 striped) Can be scoop or v-neck.
12. Button Downs (1-2)
I will be styling both of these button downs but you can just buy one or the other.
Substitutions: Any pastel button down. *Please refer to color coordination note below.
JACKETS + SWEATERS
13. Denim Jacket
Substitution: Denim shirt will work for most outfits.
14. Denim or Chambray Shirt
15. & 16. Cardigans (1 bright or pastel, 1 light neutral)
Any solid bright or pastel.
Substitution: Any bright or pastel colored cardigan. *Please refer to color coordination note below.
Substitution: A military jacket can be substituted for the light neutral sweater.
17. Neutral Statement Necklace
Substitution: Any long or short statement necklace that goes with most colors. I recommend white or ivory.
18. Floral Scarf
Substitution: Any floral scarf or pastel printed scarf that will coordinate with your cardigan and button downs. Yes! We will be mixing prints. 😉 *Please refer to color coordination note below.
Helpful Tips and Info
*Color Coordination Note: The bright cardigan, tank top, floral scarf and button downs should coordinate with one another. They don’t have to match but if you’re substituting any of these items, just make sure the colors work together.
- As of the release date, all items on this list were well stocked however they may quickly sell out. If this happens, I will do my best to provide substitutions.
- You may swap out jeans for dressier pants (khakis or dress pants) if you’re modifying the outfits for casual business wear.
- If you’re opposed to maxi skirts because of your height, many retailers offer them in petite sizes.
- As you’ll notice, the only accessories in the challenge are a scarf and statement necklace. You are welcome to accessorize as much as you want to make the outfits your own. As a matter of fact, it’s highly encouraged!
- Yes, these pieces will be repeated multiple times throughout the three weeks. No one item will be worn more than four times though. If you aren’t comfortable with repeating an item, simply skip the outfit that day or substitute with different items from your wardrobe.
- While most of my shopping recommendations are from a handful of stores, you can find similar items at most other retailers.