By Rachel King
Let’s face it, in today’s society, it is TOUGH to be a woman. We are expected to be put together at all times while also running a continuous taxi service for our children and preparing healthy meals for our families. Add in finding time to work out, working full-time or part-time jobs (or both!) and keeping a clean house, all while trying not to lose our minds. Who has time for all that?!
It seems like a woman’s work is never done – because it never is! This is why self-care is so important. If we do not take time out of our hectic schedules to pour into ourselves, we will never fully be able to pour into others. We will also never be able to take care of our families as efficiently as possible. And we most certainly will not have the self-confidence to be the beautiful, vibrant women that God designed us to be. Unlocking this “best” version of ourselves is a process, one I like to refer to as “Becoming Fashionably Fit.”
Becoming fashionably fit is essential because it empowers women to find their confidence and unleash their true potential. The truth is, when we look better, we feel better – it just comes naturally! When you are comfortable in your own skin, your confidence radiates. The glow and enthusiasm for life that surround you are completely contagious. But how do you become “fashionably fit?”
1. Make a List
Writing it out is key to getting it done! Grab your favorite journal and pen and follow these steps.
- First, write down everything that makes you feel confident. Is it having your makeup done? A cute, new haircut? Some fashionable new clothes? Whatever it is, write it down.
- Then write down all of the things that you enjoy doing in your “me” time. It could be going shopping, working out, reading a good book, visiting a local coffee shop, anything that makes you happy.
- Finally, make a list of all the things that you will do to help you become more fit: physically, mentally, spiritually and financially.
- Choose a workout that you will actually do. If you hate cardio – do not do it! Lift weights or practice yoga instead.
- Read some articles on how meal prep and planning can not only save you time, but also allow you and your family to eat better.
- Schedule personal development time each day to invest in yourself and never stop learning new things.
- Carve out time for your faith, whether that be a study, a podcast, a book, prayer, meditation or some other form that works for you.
- Get in control of your finances. Plan out a realistic budget and stick to it. You will be amazed at how this piece carries over into all the other areas as well!
2. Get Involved
Join a community of other like-minded women who are in the same season of life as you. Getting accountability, support and encouragement from other ladies, not to mention the knowledge you will attain, will help you in more ways than you can imagine. You could look for an in-person group where you meet regularly. Do some research online, talk to your friends and check out local Facebook pages to see what is out there. For all you know, the perfect group is right in your own backyard. Or, you could join an online group and get 24/7 support from your “inner circle!” Lots of online groups feature certain products each month and offer video tutorials on the latest hair, makeup and fashion trends. Some even provide healthy recipes and tips on planning nutritious, “kid-friendly” meals. This makes it super easy to hop on whenever is convenient for you and get caught up on all the latest trends. Perhaps this could be a fun way to spend your “me” time.
3. No More Waiting – Start NOW
Do not put it off any longer. It is time to invest in yourself and remember that you are worth it! You are beautifully and wonderfully made and deserve to feel just as gorgeous as you were designed to be. If you need help getting starting, I would love to have you join the exclusive Fashionably Fit Community!
Now get out there and rock the life that you were designed to live – a fashionably fit one indeed!
Hi, I’m Rachel! I am a wife, a certified nutrition coach and a makeup artist in training! As women, I believe that it is crucial to take care of ourselves – on the outside and on the inside – through nutrition, wellness and self-care. I decided to turn my passion into a career, so I became a nutrition and confidence coach helping other women to become “Fashionably Fit.” I love working with other women to help them to see their full potential and truly feel confident and comfortable in their own skin!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!