Happy Monday! The first Spring Style Me Challenge outfit was released today. I couldn’t wait to wake up this morning and check the Facebook group to see how all of the challengers have styled it. There’s SO much inspiration and fun going on in that group. On a daily basis, women are stepping out of their comfort zones and feeling more confident. If you’d like to join in on the fun, you can still sign up HERE. It’s not too late to get your shopping list and start styling your outfits. You might even already have what you need in your closet. Plus you’ll have lifetime access to the outfits in the program, so there’s no rush!
One of the big comfort zone issues that many overcame last week was taking their first dreaded outfit selfie. I must say, everyone passed with flying colors. Many of them put my selfie skills to shame! A lot of great outfit selfie tips were shared among the challengers and I’ve compiled some of my favorites to share with you today.
TIPS FOR TAKING A GREAT OUTFIT SELFIE
1. Make sure you have enough light and you’re not backlit. For best results, your light source should be in front of you. Stand in front of a window or in a room with adequate natural light. Overhead lighting is ok, but try to stay away from lighting behind you as your photo will be too dark.
2. Check out what’s behind you. Remove any clutter in your background. A solid wall works best if you can use it.
3. Use a full-length mirror. It’s best to get a head-to-toe photo for an outfit selfie. The only way to do this is with a full-length mirror.
4. Hold your camera in the right position. This might require some experimentation to get it right. When you’re taking an outfit selfie, hold your camera at chest height in order to get everything in the shot. Try a few different angles to see what works best.
5. Be confident and SMILE. Yes, taking your own picture is close to one of the most unnatural feelings in the world. I still struggle with it even after all of my daily outfit selfies! But stand confidently and flash a big smile at yourself. I promise you’ll like the result much better!
DAILY STYLE DIARY
Speaking of outfit selfies, here’s a recap of mine posted this past week on Instagram. It was another week of mostly formulaic dressing. This week’s outfit formula was a t-shirt + jeans + scarf + flats. If you saw Friday’s Self Care Epic Fail post, you understand why! When life gets out of control, it’s so nice to have some really easy, put-together looks to pull out and throw on.
Hopefully the last sweatshirt of the season. 🙂
[Sweatshirt: Loft/Jeans: Forever 21/Flats: Merona/Watch: Michael Kors]
[Denim Jacket: Kohl’s/Jeans: Similar/Shoes: Mossimo/Shirt: Merona/Scarf: Boden]
[T-shirt: Mossimo/Scarf: Nordstrom/Jeans: Similar/Shoes: Merona]
[T-shirt: Old Navy/Jeans: Paige/Scarf: Forever 21/Flats: Merona]
[Denim Jacket: Kohl’s/Jeans: Kut from the Kloth (similar)/Shoes: Mossimo/T-shirt: Mossimo/Scarf: Banana Republic]
- Ava is getting ready for her first horse show. I stayed at the barn Wednesday night to take video and watch her jump. She’s made so much progress in the past year.
- I actually fixed my hair AND wore lipstick to go out to dinner with my girlfriends last week. A selfie was in order to document this momentous occasion. 🙂
- Craig came home from his business trip Friday night, we met up with my sister and brother-in-law and my parents for a nice dinner.
- Easter is this weekend and I’ve done nothing to get ready! Better get on the stick with that this week.
It’s Your Turn: Are you comfortable taking selfies? Do you have any tips to share? Tell me in the comments!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!