You’ve heard of re-gifting but what about me-gifting? If you’re not familiar with it, me-gifting is the act of buying gifts for yourself while shopping for others. I’m SO guilty of this but can usually pull it off by giving the gifts to my hubby and having him wrap them and put the under the tree. Ok, so technically that’s cheating but it makes me feel a little better about it!
Today I rounded up some perfect me-gifts and just in case your hubby isn’t up for wrapping them, I’ve removed the guilt another way. Every product on this list does something to “give back”.
Let’s just call this the ForGiving Gift Guide: Forgive Yourself for Shopping for You!
- Josie Maran | Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter | $35.00
- Why: Josie Maran Cosmetics favors fair trade practices, sustainably harvested ingredients, and eco-friendly packaging. They also get their Argan Oil from all female cooperatives in Morocco.
- Dogeared | ‘Karma’ Cluster Pendant Necklace | $56.00
- Why: Dogeared’s product is made-in-the-USA and they’re a certified B Corporation! They use recycled sterling silver and are committed to keeping their products 100% nickel-free, in addition to using recycled mailers and boxes.
- Danielle LaPorte | Love Candle | $20.40
- These candles are organic, soy, fair trade, and synthetic and cruelty free!
- Viktor & Rolf | Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Roller Ball | $29.00
- Supporting Sephora means supporting their range of social impact programs, including Sephora Accelerate for female entrepreneurs, and Classes for Confidence for women re-entering the workforce.
- Green & Black’s | Pure Dark Chocolate Collection | $19.99
- Ethically sourced and helping to strengthen cocoa farming communities. My best advice: hide them.
- Slip | Silk Pillow Case | $80.00
- Okay, okay, you got me. This one is just amazing for your skin and your hair! That’s giving back, right?
- Origins | Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay | $26.00
- Origins participates in earth-friendly practices, recycled packaging, and the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign!
Tribe Alive Giveaway
Speaking of amazing companies that give back, I have the privilege today of introducing you to Tribe Alive. You can read more about their mission but here are just a few reasons to love them.
- Tribe Alive utilizes a passion for fashion and responsible commerce as a platform to help alleviate poverty among women.
- They work with artisan partners all over the world to employ impoverished women at fair trade wages and give them access to a safe job, sustainable income and a chance to determine their own future.
- They strive to create positive change in the lives of women by providing market place access through the fair production and sale of our beautiful and unique pieces.
- They believe that every purchase should be made with a purpose, and that there is nothing more stylish than giving back.
What’s not to love? Here are a few of my favorite pieces from their collection.
I recently accessorized my sweater dress for church with the fringe necklace and gray fringe clutch. One lucky reader is going to win a fringe clutch for herself! Just choose one of the easy ways to enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Getting my pretty on with Style Elixir, Sheaffer Told Me To, The Pleated Poppy, and A Little Bit of Everything.
I Feel Pretty Link Up
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell us what made you feel pretty this week in the comments.
Get Your Pretty On
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to GYPO (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretties.
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!