Have you ever heard of Blue Monday? I just found out about it myself, it’s supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. Apparently it already came and went at the beginning of January this year. I have no clue if this has any scientific validity but I do know that, keeping it really real today, I struggle with the winter blues every year at this time. I don’t know if it’s the lack of sunlight, the slacking on workouts, the fact that spring seems so far away or a combo of all of the above. But it’s very real, at least to me.
Even though there’s no magic bullet, here are a few things that help me plow through these long winter days.
1. Exercise – Even though I want to be a total slacker, I know that working out is the best way to boost my mood. I pop in one of my Jillian Michaels DVD’s and get my sweat on. Love her or hate her, one thing’s for sure, she will kick yo’ booty! This one is my favorite.
2. Upbeat Music – This song has been on my playlist lately because it makes me feel, well, “Happy”. When it comes on in the car, I crank it up and dance every time. This video will definitely make you smile!
3. Summer Scents – I switch out from my winter candles to summer scents. Ahh, aromatherapy. If I close my eyes, I can pretend like I’m at the beach. My favorite lately is Tiki Beach from Bath and Body Works.
4. Plan Summer Vacation – We have our family meeting in February to decide upon and start planning our summer vacation. This year’s trip is still TBD but as soon as it’s decided, we’ll set a countdown on our phones and start looking forward to it!
5. Wait it Out – My winter blues usually lift in early March. That’s when the sun starts to make a regular appearance and I’m back to taking daily walks outdoors.
Until then, my favorite light blue coat and a bright scarf help brighten up these dreary winter days a little too. Hurry up and get here March!
[Coat: Similar/Sweater: c/o Scissortail Clothing/Scarf: c/o Chic Tweak/Boots: Similar/Jeans: Paige/Watch: c/o Fossil]
I bought my light blue coat years ago but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s not available anymore but here are some options in similar styles and colors.
It’s Your Turn: Do you struggle with the winter blahs too? If so, what tips do you have for getting through this time of the year?
SCISSORTAIL CLOTHING COMPANY
I just love retailers that make it a no-brainer for us to stay on trend. My latest sponsor Scissortail Clothing Company is one of them. Scissortail carries fun date night dresses, trendy casual pieces, accessories and footwear all at affordable prices. The sweater I’m wearing today is just one of their many pieces available for under $40.
[Yarn and Oatmeal Knit Sweater]
These Aztec sweater are perfect for leggings now but will also look cute paired up with shorts as the weather gets warmer.
[Black and White Aztec Sweater]
They have a great selection of dresses that would be perfect for a Valentine’s date night.
[Romance and Lace Skirt – On Sale!]
And check out these unique, earthy accessories. I want all of them!
SCISSORTAIL CLOTHING GIVEAWAY
Scissortail has been kind enough to sponsor a giveaway for GYPO readers. One lucky girl is going to win her choice of any dress. Just pick any of the easy ways below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I FEEL PRETTY
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell us what made you feel pretty this week in the comments!
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to my blog (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretty peeps.
Getting my pretty on with Fashion Friday.
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!