Do you know the #1 thing that moms REALLY want for Mother’s Day? According to this article, it’s pretty simple. We just want a day off!
Can I get an amen?
I couldn’t agree more. Don’t bother with gifts, I just want an entire day to relax with my whole family without any household chores weighing me down.
Oh and I also want to spend time together as a family. As the kids get older and we are all pulled in different directions, we don’t get nearly enough family time. So, listen up family, here’s how I want my Mother’s Day to go down. 🙂
My Perfect Mother’s Day
- Sleep in until 8:00 a.m.
- Have coffee on the patio with my hubby.
- Get dressed in a cute, comfy outfit.
- Go to church.
- Have a nice brunch on the patio of my favorite Mexican restaurant with ALL THREE kids present
- Take the dog for a walk or go on a family bike ride.
- Grill out that evening and have dinner on the patio (clearly I like patios!)
- Relax the rest of the evening and NOT worry about laundry, lunches or backpacks for the week ahead!
I want my outfit for Mother’s Day to be as easy as the day I have planned so it will be this combo of a comfortable maxi dress, denim jacket and sandals. This is one of my favorite easy outfit formulas. The mint and navy Aztec print maxi from Cavender’s is perfect for topping with a denim jacket and pairing with metallic sandals.
[Jacket: Same/Dress: c/o Cavender’s/Sandals: Same]
$250 CAVENDER’S MOTHER’S DAY GIVEAWAY
Cavender’s is giving one lucky pretty mama a $250 gift card. You can get a lot of maxi dresses with that! All you have to do is tell me what one thing your perfect Mother’s Day would include and enter in the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!
The Summer Style Me Pretty Challenge will be announced in the coming weeks. This one is going to be perfect for a summer vacation wardrobe. If you’d like to be one of the first to find out when registration opens, get on the list HERE!
I FEEL PRETTY
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell us what made you feel pretty this week in the comments!
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to my blog (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretty peeps. That’s it!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!