If you’ve never experienced the Style Challenges® community, let me give you a little taste of what it’s like.
We have nearly 2,000 women in our private Facebook group each season (which sounds kind of crazy, but in a good way!) sharing advice, selfies, shopping tips and even making real life friendships. It’s like a big shopping party with your new best friends. They even give each other immediate feedback from the fitting room on what to buy!
(and if you’ve never checked out the 5 star reviews, I highly recommend making a nice cup of tea and reading through them!)
As one challenger put it: “Style Challenges taught me how to shop, it’s empowering! You get the tools you need to dress for your body type, they show you what’s on trend, give you a shopping list so you don’t buy unnecessary items – and the best part is you get to do it at the stores you already love and work within your own budget!”
We also do weekly giveaways for clothing gift cards, one of the ways that women can enter the giveaway is by answering a question of the week. For our last giveaway for the Winter Style Challenge, our weekly question was:
What fashion/style/beauty tip has been a game changer for you?
As usual, our members stepped up to the plate sharing some of the best tips they’ve learned through Style Challenges and beyond. I was SO impressed with their responses that I even did a Facebook Live last week to highlight some of my favorites.
Style/Fashion (watch the video for more context on some of my favorite tips!)
- If it’s not a HECK YES, it’s a no! Don’t buy it unless you absolutely love it.
- Mixing prints and patterns
- Brown and black can be worn together
- Shop for basics that can be mixed and matched to create more outfits for less money
- Leopard as a neutral, it has been a game changer!
- How to style booties! I had avoided them for years.
- Looking at outfits as a ‘formula’!
- Less is more.
- Take a step out of your comfort zone. You may be amazed!
- Accessories make the outfit!
- Layers make things more interesting.
- You can layer a necklace under a scarf to still be put together when you take it off.
- Just because I can get it on doesn’t mean it fits.
- Buy clothes that go with MANY things in your closet.
- Selfies don’t lie. This has helped me see color issues, fit problems, discern when something is missing…or even help make decisions between 2 or 3 outfits.
- Clothes can fit well and look good. No matter my size I do NOT have to compromise.
- Through the challenge I am learning to dress the body I have right now, rather than waiting to lose weight. I feel better about myself and I think it is helping me in my weight loss journey. I am beginning to believe that I deserve to dress cute even if my body is not perfect.
- Discovering my best colors has been a game changer! I feel more confident in them, and don’t waste money on clothes or lipstick that I end up hating!
- The right statement necklace or scarf can really pull an outfit together and change the whole look of an outfit without a huge investment.
- The half tuck. I have embraced it this challenge and it has changed how I have styled some of my pieces. See video: How to Master the Half Tuck
- Trusting the process that if I have a small wardrobe capsule that I can have so many cute outfits! I love not having to think about what I’m going to wear.
- Level up with accessories and completer pieces
- Plaid and leopard work together
- Your purse, belt and shoes/boots don’t have to match
- Buy classic staples
- It’s okay to wear an outfit/nice clothes EVERY DAY instead of ‘saving’ them!
- Adding leopard shoes/boots really ups the value of an otherwise plain outfit
- Expanding my comfort zone with neutrals – including animal prints, black and brown together, and an all neutral look!
- I’m worth looking great!
- Mixing neutrals
- Developing my two-word style statement – helped me to refine my style and judge outfits based on the message I want to send.
- Making myself get dressed everyday totally changes my day – I get so much more done and feel great.
- Buy classic pieces and try a trend or two!
- Large earrings make your face look thinner.
- Putting my jeans in the freezer refreshes them between washes! Who would have thought?!
- Try things on, even if I don’t think I’ll like them.
- There are no rules and always at least try the trend
- Brown boots and black leggings are a good thing.
- Olive pants and gray sweaters…never owned colored jeans or gray before the challenges….now I have several!
- Velvet hangers are awesome!
- Leggings and boots mean I can wear dresses in the winter!
- Wear a style, cut, and color that makes me look my best instead of wearing what everyone else is wearing.
- Buy clothes that make me feel good
- You can wear the same outfit, but just by changing accessories you can have a multitude of ‘looks’!
- Use what you have available, but be inspired to ‘get dressed’ every day.
- Frayed hem jeans! I now can buy jeans that look good at the Goodwill and chop them off to perfection! No special petite size needed.
- Spend your budget on quality investment pieces
- Fit is more important than the number on the tag.
- Be patient. Wait to find the perfect item for me.
- Just because something looks fabulous on someone else, it may not look equally fabulous on me.
- If you have the basics, you can always have an outfit.
- Overcoming my fear of skinny cut pants!
- Cut your bulky blanket scarf in half
- White pants in winter
- Booties with dresses
- A sweater dress, so comfy!
- Having the outfits printed out to refer to. Whatever the occasion, I can refer to my Style Challenge outfits and put together an outfit I feel great in.
- Find a good seamstress who can alter your clothes so they fit! Get rid of clothes that you don’t feel good in!
- Frye boots! Of course my answer would be different tomorrow because I’ll appreciate something different. But, today, I appreciate the Frye boots you’ve recommended for years.
- Wear a lace bralette instead of a strapless bra. I avoided wearing off the shoulder style because I hated yanking it up all day.
- How amazing vests are! I never would have been caught wearing one before and now I own 2 and want more! They are the best outfit completers and super slimming too!
- Everyone is different! Your style will evolve! Be you!
- Find a community of amazing women who will encourage you to wear what you love and embrace you for who you are.
- Using the IT Cosmetics Skinny Brow Pencil to do my brows every day – life changing!
- Heating up my lash curler for a few seconds with the blow dryer – works like a charm!
- Orange lipstick under regular concealer to erase the blue under my eyes
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!
- Filling in eyebrows. Even if you don’t think you need it, I promise it makes your eyes look brighter, more open and your makeup look complete – and watch Alison’s eyebrow tutorial!
- Monistat Complete Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel as face primer (great on dry hands as well)
Do you see why I love this community so much? They are in one word simply AMAZING. I’d love to have you join me for the next challenge. Spring 2018 will be opening in March but there’s still time to sign up for the 2018 Style Challenges Annual Membership (the best deal!)
I Feel Pretty Link Up
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell me what made you feel pretty this week in the comments.