WORK WEAR 2014 SHOPPING LIST
It’s Here! Download it, print it, shop it. You’ll have ten days to get all of the pieces in place before the first outfit is released. If you don’t have all of the pieces in place, don’t stress. You’ll have lifetime access to all of the outfits.
Before shopping, please keep in mind that the linked items are recommendations only. You are welcome to shop anywhere that you’d like and buy anything that you want as long as the styles and colors are similar. Remember to shop your closet first. You’ll probably find that you already have quite a few items on the list. Oh, and please share all of your helpful sales and shopping tips with us in the Facebook group!
If you have any questions, please refer to the Helpful Tips and Info at the bottom of this page.
Here’s your downloadable shopping list to print out and take along.
PRINTABLE SHOPPING LIST
Style Me Pretty Challenge
Work Wear 2014 Shopping List
1. Black Dress Pants (any length or style)
[Suiting Pants – Regular and Petite]
Black Skirt (Dress Up)
Black Jeans (Dress Down)
2. Khaki or Gray Dress Pants (any length or style)
[Ankle Pants – Regular and Petite]
Khaki or Gray Skirt (Dress Up)
Chinos or Jeans (Dress Down)
3. Printed Pants (any length or style)
*Color Coordination Note: Black and White will work best.
Printed Skirt (Dress Up)
Black Jeans (Dress Down)
4. Dark Wash Jeans (any style)
1. Solid Sheath or Shift Dress (gray or black preferred)
[Calvin Klein Sheath Dress – Comes in Solid Gray]
Substitution: Any solid sleeveless dress capable of layering with button down (under) and cardigan (over). A button down and black dress pants may be worn in place of the dress.
1. White Button Down
[Plus Size Women’s Button Down]
2. Solid Blouse
*Color Coordination Note: Must coordinate with tan blazer and printed pants and be able to be worn untucked.
[Orange Flame Blouse – Available in Petite and Plus]
[Mixed Media Blouse – Regular and Petite]
3.Floral/Printed Blouses (2)
*Color Coordination Note: One must coordinate with one of the solid cardigans and the bright shoes.
4. Printed Button Down
*Color Coordination Note: Must coordinate with one of the solid cardigans and the bright flats.
Substitution: Solid Button Down
5. Light Blue Oxford
1. Solid Cardigans (2)
*Color Coordination Note: At least one must coordinate with the floral/printed blouse and button down.
2. Solid Lightweight Sweater
*Color Coordination Note: Must coordinate with printed pants and khaki/gray pants.
Substitution: Any solid top or sweater.
3. Neutral Blazer (Tan or Oatmeal)
Blazer is an optional item although it will be styled in several outfits.
Substitution: Cream or tan cardigan.
1. Bright Flats (or Heels)
*Color Coordination Note: Must coordinate with one of the printed blouse/cardigan combos and the printed button down.
2. Leopard Flats (or Heels)
3. Black or Colorblock Flats (or Heels)
Substitution: Neutral Flats or Heels
1. Color Block Handbag (Optional)
Black or Neutral Satchel
1. Long (any gold or silver long necklace or pendant necklace)
2. Statement (any silver or gold)
[Gold/Crystal Statement Necklace]
Substitution: Any long or short statement necklace that goes with most colors. White/Gold/Silver recommended.
3. Over Sized Watch (Optional)
Studs (Gold or Silver)
Substitutions: Any large gold, silver or neutral earrings.
Note: Leopard belt will be worn at natural waist and to belt cardigans. You may need two different sizes.
Helpful Tips and Info
*Color Coordination Notes: At least one floral/printed blouse will need to coordinate with one of the cardigans, the printed button down will also need to coordinate with a cardigan, the solid blouse will need to coordinate with the tan jacket, one floral/printed blouse will need to coordinate with khaki pants, the printed pants will need to coordinate with one cardigan, the oxford and solid blouse and the crew neck sweater. Black and white recommended.
- As of the release date, all items on this list were in stock online however they may sell out quickly.
- Feel free to make modifications where you need to in order to make the outfits work for your office environment.
- You are welcome to accessorize as much as you want to make the outfits your own. As a matter of fact, it’s highly encouraged!
- These pieces will be repeated multiple times throughout the three weeks. If you aren’t comfortable with repeating an item, simply skip the outfit that day or substitute with different items from your wardrobe.
- While most of the shopping recommendations are from a handful of stores, you can find similar items at most other retailers.
- Remember to share your outfits and shopping tips on our group’s Facebook page!