Payday Pretty is Alison’s regular Friday feature where she challenges moms to squeeze 20 bucks out of the family budget to buy something fun for yourself.
Call it luck or an evil plot to destroy my bank account, but I have a Super Target right down the street. And I’m NOT exaggerating when I tell you that I’m there almost every day. Most of the employees know me. I even buy Christmas gifts for some of them.
So it should come as no surprise that a lot of my style is built on wardrobe pieces from Tar-jay. It’s just so darn affordable and trendy and the quality ain’t half bad either.
For those reasons and many more, I bring you this week’s Payday Pretty featuring holiday outfit builders from Target for $20 and under. Build an outfit around any of these essentials and you’ll look smashing for all of your holiday fetes.
1. Sequin Ballet Flats – $19.99. You NEED these sequin flats. I bought a pair a few weeks back and am surprised at how they work with so many things. These flats add the perfect amount of holiday sparkle to any outfit.
2. Snakeskin Bangle Set – $16.99. These snakeskin bangles combine the perfect amount of toughness and sophistication. Wear them with an LBD for a fancy party or jeans and a blazer for a less formal event.
3. Ultrasoft Cardigan – $19.99. It won’t be a Blue Christmas with this cardi! Last year I bought one of these in mustard yellow and wore it with everything. This year I gotta have this perfect shade of blue. Add some sparkly accessories and heels and it’s party ready. These cardigans are so soft and pretty, you’ll want to throw one on every day.
4. Coated Denim – $20. You have NO idea how thrilled I was to discover that Target is carrying coated denim. I’ve really been wanting to try this trend without investing a lot into a piece that I might not get much use out of. But at this price, I’ll be getting at least two pairs. These are a great mom-friendly alternative to the leather pants trend. The sheen makes them the perfect dressy jean for holiday galas.
5. Bib Necklace – $16.99. Bib and collar necklaces are all the rage now. Get on trend and wear this gorgeous beaded bib to dress up an ordinary sweater or t-shirt for your celebrations. **UPDATE! I went to Target today and this pretty is now on clearance in stores for just $11.48. Go get you one!
It’s Your Turn: Which of these holiday outfit builders has you wanting to run out to Target right now? How will you pair it up for your holiday merrymaking? Tell me in the comments!