I hadn’t planned to share any more sneak peek content from the Rediscover Me Challenge but this is just too important not to share. Don’t worry, I’ll be back to my regularly scheduled fashion and beauty talk next week but I truly believe that pretty starts on the inside, and that’s what this challenge is all about.
Women who’ve already signed up for the challenge have started to tell us their stories in our closed Facebook group. One common theme is many of them are in need of more “me time” and better self-care.
Today’s excerpt from day three of the Rediscover Me 28 Day Challenge focuses on just that.
As women, we are wired to put others first, which leaves us depleted and in need of recharging our own batteries. It’s just like the oxygen mask announcement on the plane – secure your own mask first, then help others. If we don’t have our own mask secured with life-giving oxygen, then we are useless to others. Unfortunately many of us are walking around with empty tanks, in need of refilling.
Today’s goal setting exercise will be geared toward recharging ourselves.
Not only is self-care a crucial component of this but we all know that the way we look absolutely is a direct correlation to the way we feel. If there’s anything I’ve learned both in my personal experience and through hosting GYPO Style Challenges, it’s that a woman’s confidence climbs when she feels good about how she looks. Myself included.
So, let’s talk about some self-care/appearance goals. When I mention this, what pops up for you immediately? What do you intuitively feel like you need most of all? Trust your intuition, your gut KNOWS what your mind and body need most of all.
If you’re drawing a blank don’t worry I’ve included a list of some self-care/appearance goals below to get you started.
SELF CARE/APPEARANCE GOAL IDEAS
- Stop saying yes to more than you can do.
- Read just for the fun of it.
- Take a 20 minute nap daily.
- Get a makeover.
- Get in the practice of asking for what I need from others.
- Change hairstyle or color.
- Try out some new bath or body products.
- Whiten teeth.
- Get a massage.
- Get a manicure and/or pedicure.
- Have eyebrows professionally waxed and shaped.
- Take yoga.
- Wear sunscreen daily.
- Tighten and tone up with exercise.
- Lose or gain ____ lbs.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Make simplification an overall theme for the year.
- Remove unflattering clothes from wardrobe.
- Set aside more “me” time each day or week.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Define what balance means to you.
- Plan and schedule a vacation.
- Go outside for an hour each day.
- Get cosmetic procedures done (Botox, fillers or surgery).
- Get a photofacial.
- Find skin care products that work for me.
- Find flattering makeup.
It’s Your Turn: Print off the self-care/appearance goals worksheet above. Define three-five goals that matter most to you. Using the goals formula that I provided on day one of this challenge write out your goal, your why, your how and your “as if” for each of your self-care goals.
P.S. If you enjoyed the sample content from this challenge, then you’ll love 28 days of focusing on what matters most to you. Sign up for the Rediscover Me Challenge HERE!