By Kathleen Watson
I mean you could technically live without these items, but why would you want to? You know I love a good capsule wardrobe where everything mixes and matches together. Adding staples like these makes it even easier to come up with instant outfits!
- Bootcut Jeans: They flatter every body type and when paired with heels they make your legs look longer and leaner and who doesn’t want that 🙂
- Striped Tee: Its a true neutral that adds a little more detail and depth to an outfit. Try swapping it with your go-to basic white tee. Wha-la! Quick transformation!
- Military Jacket: It makes every outfit cooler and is an absolute Fall staple!
- Slouchy Cardigan: Great over dresses and sleeveless blouses. A great swap out for a blazer too. Don’t just stick with solids though, cardigans in eye catching prints are a perfect completer piece for solid colored outfits!
- Motorcycle Boots: Tough is good but if you want to swap for something classier, go for a knee high black boot. A classic wardrobe addition!
- Trench: Instantly transforms any outfit and is a perfect backdrop for a great accessory set of sunglasses, heels, bag and jewelry! Maybe even a hat if the weather permits 🙂
- Peacoat: The equally sophisticated but more casual sister of the trench coat. Intended for colder weather but still allows you to jazz it up with an eye catching accessory set, or go for a bold print that speaks for itself.
- Slipdress: Simple and takes on the vibe of whatever you accessorize it with. Think easy to wear florals or abstract prints paired with a cardigan, denim jacket or button up. So versatile you could wear it everyday!
- Ballet Flats: Casual, easy and in a reptile print/texture you’re chic and on trend in seconds.
- Button Down: I like a boyish-preppy option over a structured crisp option, but both ways can be worn as a shirt or a completer piece.
When you’re looking for classic pieces don’t settle for just anything. Wait to find a piece that really speaks to your personality and is in a fabric that’s comfortable, long lasting and worth what you spend. Classics are a great time to spend a little more to get exactly what you want! Research and visualize how you’ll wear these pieces and the right one will cross your path no doubt…
Anything good works that way 🙂
Need help shopping but don’t have time?
Let my new DIY Closet Course guide you from the comfort of your own home, on your own time!
Enrollment opens December 1st for the newest Style School offering: the DIY Closet Course.
The DIY Closet Course is an online course that gives you the tools you need to make getting ready stress-free and fun again. With a full shopping list for a 90-day, seasonless capsule wardrobe, plus membership to the private Facebook group for the course, you can expect to make new friends, build your style confidence, and save time on figuring out what to wear.
The DIY Closet Course teaches you to shop with a plan so you have the mix-and-match pieces in your wardrobe to create outfits for any occasion with ease. It’s about changing your approach to getting dressed, and through that, changing the way you feel about yourself.
Want enrollment updates?
Be one of the first to know when enrollment opens, sign up here.
I’m Kathleen Watson, a Personal Style Coach and Entrepreneur from the Midwest who helps busy, bogged down women find balance.
The purpose of my 16+ years as a coach is to bring practical, personal style to women by combining Mind + Body + Skin & Style.
As a business-owning mom-on-the-go, I have helped hundreds of women (and a few men!) bring a fresh outlook to an out-of-balance, not-so-stylish life. I’ve spent years carefully crafting coaching programs to help women of all shapes and sizes find their personal style and feel comfortable expressing themselves through fashion and self-care.
Through my business, Style School KC, I offer programs that provide personal styling services in-home and in-store in the Kansas City metro area, and online to women across the country.
I help my clients connect the dots and find solutions for their personal style, and my end goal is to help each woman I work with evolve to a balanced, stylish, dream version of themselves. My vision for helping women feel great has led to many wonderful connections and friendships.
I’ve built the DIY Closet Course to share my secrets while giving you the roadmap to craft a wardrobe and life you love. The 3 bonus videos take you straight through my coaching sessions, showing you exactly what I teach my clients in person.
By taking the DIY Closet Course, you can end the shop-return-shop again cycle once and for all, and your days of having too many clothes but nothing to wear will be over. My guidance on shopping and creating outfits is advice you can apply to your wardrobe for the rest of your life. You’ll truly get all of my practical solutions, directions and advice, plus peace of mind in your closet.
I’ve put my all into this program and would love to have you join!