My favorite things list is a holiday tradition at GYPO. Although it started a few years ago as a way to offer more affordable alternatives to Oprah’s picks, it’s evolved into my list of must-have’s for every day life. The things that I simply wouldn’t want to live without! I mean, I could if you forced me, but I’d be a little cranky. 🙂
Honestly this list is so much fun to put together. The process is simple, I just go from room to room in my house mentally noting the things that make my life easier or better in some way! Then I edit it down to anything new and noteworthy that wasn’t on last year’s list.
But first things first, if you’re still looking for an easy outfit to wear for Thanksgiving or any upcoming holiday soiree, here’s a simple outfit formula that I posted over on Instagram. Throw a fur vest over it to add a little warmth, texture and FUN! Here’s the basic formula:
Bell Sleeve Blouse + Black Jeans + Ankle Boots
[Bell Sleeve Blouse: Same/Black Jeans: Same/Ankle Boots: Similar /Necklaces: Tassel]
Here’s a list of my 2017 favorite things list that make my everyday life just a little better. You just might find a few of your favorites on it too!
Alison’s Favorite Things 2017
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – It may only get used a few times of the year, but I’m SO thankful that I have it when it does. The classic KitchenAid stand mixer now comes in this smaller size that doesn’t take up as much counter space. Christmas cookies, here I come!
- Amazon Echo – Oh, Alexa! What would I do without you? You track my shopping list, time my casseroles, play my Christmas music and answer my questions. You are my BFF. P.S. She will be yours too!
- Bath and Body Works Winter Candle – If it’s under 70 degrees outside, you can bet your bippy that this candle will be burning in my house. It smells of snow covered woods, sparkling clementine and spiced clove, what’s not to love?
- Apple Watch – When my husband surprised me with an Apple watch last Christmas, I almost returned it without even trying it. Now I can’t live without it! I love that I can easily swap out to this leather wrap band when I want to dress it up.
- Bobbie Brown Lip and Eye Palette – I love the versatility of this handy little palette. It has matte neutrals that are perfect for everyday and sparkly, shimmery shades to easily glam up your look for festive soirees.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Crush – I’m not much of a lipstick wearer so when I want a little color on my lips for everyday, I love Fresh Sugar Lip Crush. This set has two tinted shades that give a perfect hint of color, while the clear Advanced Therapy protects lips.
- Sedu Professional Flat Iron – My Sedu flat iron recently bit the dust after six faithful years of service. So naturally, I replaced it with the same one. This flat iron is wider so it smooths hair faster and gives it tons of shine too.
- IT Cosmetics Brush Set – If you don’t have an IT Cosmetics brushes yet, I’m here to tell you they are life changing! Once you’re spoiled by them, you won’t own any other brushes. This handy travel set is a great way to get full sized IT brushes at an awesome price.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream – I buy this stuff in bulk (not kidding), because heaven forbid, I should ever run out! It has the perfect amount of coverage, gives my skin a natural glow and is packed with skin loving ingredients and SPF. Many of you have already tried it and are hooked too!
- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb – This is my signature scent. This smaller version is perfect for stashing in a purse or gym bag and it lasts forever!
- OPI “Skating on Thin-Iceland” Nail Lacquer – This is my go-to pedicure color in the fall and winter months.
- Patagonia Better Sweater Jacket – I traded in my trusty North Face fleece jacket for this warmer knit sweater version from Patagonia. Love at first wear!
- Down Puffer Coat with Fur Trim – Although I don’t get to wear it often in Texas, I’m so grateful that I have it when I do. This jacket is super warm and the longer length blocks wind on my legs too. Plus it’s slightly more fitted than most puffer jackets so you don’t look like the Michelin Man.
- Frye Riding Boots – Yep, you’re sick of hearing me talk about these boots. But five years later, I still adore them. They were one of the best investments I’ve ever made. And yes, they are absolutely a classic that will always be in style.
- Harper Feather Statement Necklace – Since I don’t usually buy new clothes for holiday parties and events, I like to add one stunning statement piece to dress up my basics that I already have. Yes, this necklace is a bit pricey but it still costs less than going out and buying new outfits, plus I’ll get more use out of it.
- Purse Pom Pom – This is such a cute and easy way to upgrade your purse! I have this set of three and get loads of compliments on it.
- Over the Knee Boots – I’m finally an over the knee boot convert. This is the lucky pair that I’ve added to my collection. The low heel is perfect!
It’s Your Turn: Are any of these things on your favorite things list too? Share them in the comments!
Getting my pretty on with Style Elixir, Sheaffer Told Me To, The Pleated Poppy, Style Elixir, and A Little Bit of Everything.
I Feel Pretty Link Up
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell us what made you feel pretty this week in the comments.
Get Your Pretty On
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to GYPO (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretties.
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!