A Week of Real Outfits and a Peek Into My Closet
Outfit posts are fun and all but let’s face it, I work from home and I’m just not making that much effort on a daily basis. So I decided to document my real outfits for a week to give everyone a peek into how I actually dress.
Monday (Casual Dinner Out)
Tuesday (It snowed!)
Wednesday (Bad hair day)
Thursday (No Makeup!)
Friday (Lunch with Coworkers)
Even though I am full on obsessed with my new Frye Riding Boots (above), you’ll notice from the other days of the week that my go-to faves are still my trusty old Uggs. Just can’t beat the comfort of these things! They don’t sell that exact boot anymore but this is a pretty similar style.
[UGG – Brooks Leather Boot]
These outfits also feature a lot of my other go-to favorite pieces. Like dark wash skinnies, leggings and some of my favorite accessories. Here are some inspiration pieces.
And now for a peek into my closet.
Oh wait, that’s not my closet! That’s actually the closet of my dreams. Sigh…
Here’s a glimpse into my real, FAR less impressive closet.
It ain’t pretty but it works!
I’ve seen a lot of people posting pictures of their closet makeovers lately. My closet is far from the poster child for organization but at least I know where to find everything. There’s a reason for that – I clean it out four times a year. Yes, four. Once per season. I call it the quarterly closet cleanse.
Here are my top five ways to keep my closet organized.
1. Rotate clothes seasonally – Only keep in there what you are using right now. Everything else goes in storage.
2. Clear out as you go – Every season when you are pulling things out, make three boxes labeled CASH, STASH and TRASH. Throw anything in one of these that you haven’t worn in a year or longer. Either sell or donate them, stash them if you just can’t part with them yet or trash them if they’re unwearable.
3. Group items by style – My closet is grouped according to the style of the item. Tanks, short sleeves, long sleeves, cardigans, dark denim, colored denim, etc. This makes putting outfits together a breeze. Sometimes I will grab one piece that I love and build an outfit around it.
4. Use shoe racks – I have four shoe racks in my closet that hold everything from flip flops to boots. I recently heard a statistic that women who own shoe racks are more punctual. Hmm…must be something to that. I guess we aren’t digging around looking for our shoe’s mates in the morning.
5. Buy organizers for accessories (scarves and belts) – I recently bought both a scarf and belt organizer. Why didn’t I do this years ago? It’s so much less painful to pull one out now.
It’s Your Turn: What are your top tips for keeping your closet in ship shape? Share them with me in the comments!
TOP 25 FASHION AND BEAUTY MOMS
Alright, pretties. We are in the home stretch! Voting closes on Thursday and then I will never bug you about this again. BUT – until then, can I count on you to vote every day this week? It just takes two clicks. Thanks so much!