Last week, a reader e-mailed me a question about boot socks. Usually when one reader is brave enough to ask something, other inquiring minds want to know.
Alison, you mentioned that you wear boot socks a lot in the fall and winter. I love this look but am just not sure how to pull it off. Can you show some ways to wear them with different types of boots? – Jessica
I’d be happy to, Jessica! Boot socks are one of the staples of my fall and winter wardrobe. They add a cozy layer of warmth and a fun and fashionable touch to a lot of different looks. Today’s post features a style remix starring No nonsense Rugged Boot Socks worn two ways.
No nonsense BOOT SOCKS | TWO WAYS
1. Boot Socks with Ankle Boots
The key here is in the scrunching. Make sure your socks are long enough to be able to scrunch a few inches above the boot without being too bulky.
2. Boot Socks with Riding Boots
Length is key with this look too. You’ll want to choose a sock that’s tall enough to peek out above your riding boot. This look works best with skinny jeans or leggings.
In her e-mail, Jessica also asked me where I buy my boot socks. The pair that I’m wearing for today’s remix is the Rugged Boot Sock from No nonsense. You can get them at the stores we shop at most, including grocery and drug stores, or at Nononsense.com. The color of these boot socks is very on-trend for fall and goes with so many other autumn hues. No nonsense has several different styles of boot socks including Cable Knit, Sleek, Over the Knee and Fair Isle Boot Socks. I flip for anything Fair Isle!
No nonsense has a lot more to check out than socks to help you look on trend this fall. If you’re looking for something to pair with your tunics, long sweaters and dresses this fall, their collection of new fabrications and patterns including Denim and Ponte Knit Leggings, Sweater Tights and Fashion Tights in bold prints will be perfect.
Visit the No nonsense website and follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter @BeNononsense
It’s Your Turn: What’s your favorite boot socks look – scrunched with ankle boots or peeking out of riding boots? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 gift card for Nononsense.com!
You can also enter by visiting No nonsense on Pinterest, checking out more Style Remixes and re-pinning a look you love, see below for full sweepstakes rules.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the Promotion prompt on this post.*
- Tweet (public message) about this Promotion, including a disclosure that your tweet is a sweepstakes entry (e.g., using a hashtag such as #SweepstakesEntry or #SweepsEntry); and leave the URL to that Tweet in a comment on this post.*
- Re-pin (publicly) a pin from the client’s Pinterest page here: URL including exactly the following unique term in your pin’s description: “#nononsensestyleremix” and a disclosure that your pin is a sweepstakes entry (e.g., “I am entering the #nononsensestyleremix sweepstakes” or using a hashtag such as #SweepstakesEntry or #SweepsEntry); and leave the URL to that Re-pin in a comment on this post.
- Purchase a pair of No nonsense Leggings at www.nononsense.com and create your own Style Remix. Share a link to the public image in the comment section on this post.
- Blog about this Promotion (including a disclosure that you have received a sweepstakes entry in exchange for blogging about this Promotion), and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.*
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/14 – 10/27/14.
Be sure to visit the No nonsense brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!