Wondering what fall’s latest trends will be? I’ve got you covered. Over the next few weeks on GYPO, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite fall fashion and what you need in your closet to be on trend. (There’s also going to be an exclusive fall fashion series only for my newsletter subscribers which you can sign up for HERE).
I have to admit though, I’m not so much a trendy dresser as I am into classic pieces that stand the test of time. But I do like to add in some pieces to keep things fresh each season. One of the biggest trends for fall that I’ve seen in every store is fringe.
I’m just going to be honest here, boho style is usually not my thing. I learned to embrace my kimono over the summer but fringe is, well, on the fringe in my style book. Maybe it’s because I was born in the 70’s and little baby Alison had a bad experience with it that somehow got repressed. Honestly I don’t know what I have against it.
When I polled the style challengers on some fall trends they’d like to try, surprisingly fringe was mentioned quite a bit. Some loathe it while others can’t wait to give it a whirl. It’s one of those polarizing trends for sure.
If you’re willing to give it a try, keep these simple rules in mind.
Rules for Wearing Fringe:
1. If you wore it in another generation and hated it the first time around, you are exempt this time.
2. Wear only one piece of fringe at a time, otherwise you risk looking like Stevie Nicks.
3. Don’t wear it around machinery or other places where you can get it caught and cause bodily injury.
OK, all kidding aside, I was able to find five ways that I might even dare to dip a toe in this trend. Time to get over my fringe fears once and for all. Here are five ways to wear fringe, even if it’s not your thing.
1. Kimono – Pair a pretty floral kimono with your favorite tee and jeans for a boho vibe that’s totally on trend for fall.
2. Purse – One of the easiest and cutest ways to add fringe to any outfit, a cognac fringe purse adds just the right amount.
3. Scarf – If you’re still working your way up to the trend, a fringe scarf is a safe bet.
4. Necklace – The subtle fringe detail in this necklace dresses up your basic jeans and tee.
5. Ankle Boots – Ankle boots with fringe details are one of the hottest items for fall. If you get nothing else on this list, consider snagging a pair of these.
It’s Your Turn: Does fringe make you cringe or are you on board with this fall trend?
FALL STYLE CHALLENGE
Registration for the Fall 2015 GYPO Style Challenge opens next week. We’ll be styling all of fall’s latest trends along with some classic pieces for 21 days of mix and match outfits. GYPO newsletter subscribers will get exclusive access to my fall fashion mini-series starting next week with fall 2015’s top trends. Keep an eye on your inbox for more info. This content will not be on the blog, so if you’re not on my e-mail list yet, sign up HERE.