OK, girls, this was a really fun post for me to create so I hope you enjoy it too. As you know by now, I work from home and don’t get a lot of opportunities to get really glammed up, which I sometimes miss. So when Mary Kay® asked me to create some Project Runway-inspired eye makeup looks, I jumped at the opportunity. Mary Kay® supplied the tools and products to create two ready to wear makeup looks inspired by season 13 of Project Runway. Both of these looks were created by Mary Kay® Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco. My teen daughter is obsessed with Project Runway, so she was more than happy to be my assistant to help photograph and create the looks for this post.
Emerald Smoke Look
Green is one of the hottest shades for fall and I love how it brightens any color eyes!” – Luis Casco
To create this look, I followed these steps provided by Luis and Mary Kay:
1. Apply Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Meadow Grass to eyelids as a base. Then apply Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Emerald on top. Next brush Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Lime to the inner thirds of the yes with the Mary Kay® Smudger Brush to brighten up eyes.
2. With the Mary Kay® Eyeliner in Black, line the top and bottom lash lines and smudge it slightly to create a smoky look.
3. Next apply two coats of Mary Kay® Lash Love Lengthening Mascara.
4. Blend Mary Kay® Cream Blush in Cranberry onto the apples of cheeks using either your fingers or a foundation brush. I’d recommend starting as sheer as possible and then building up to the right intensity.
5. For lips, first line them in Mary Kay® Lip Liner in Cappuccino and then top off with True Dimensions Lipstick in Mystic Plum.
The Final Product
This look is really wearable for my every day. I don’t typically wear green eye makeup but I loved how it looked with my brown eyes and have found some new go-to colors. Overall it was a much subtler effect than I thought it would be. The bold cranberry cheeks and lip color were really nice with green.
Graphic Eye Look
There’s nothing cooler than a cat eye right now. Try combining black gel eyeliner with an unexpected shade like blue for a look that’s right on trend.” – Luis Casco
For the graphic eye look, I did the following:
1. As a base, apply Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Moonstone to eyelids. Next brush Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Driftwood to the creases and under the eyes to create depth using the Mary Kay® Eye Crease Brush.
2. In a very thin line, apply Mary Kay® at Play Bold Fluid Eyeliner in Blue My Mind from the upper inner corners to the middle of your eyes. Then apply Mary Kay® Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black from the outer corner in to meet the blue eyeliner.
3. Next apply Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium to the cheeks as a highlighter for a bronzed look. Use the Medium-Dark bronzer shade around the hairline and under cheekbones to create contour.
4. Apply two coats of Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara in Black.
5. For lips, apply True Dimensions Lipstick in Pink Cherie and top off with Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Au Naturel.
The Final Product
My Take: This was so much fun for a fantasy look! I’ve always wanted to try a cat eye but haven’t really had the opportunity to wear one. I’d definitely try this look again for a night out or special occasion. The bronzer contouring was my favorite part. It gave my skin such a nice warm glow that still looked natural. The key to wearing a bold eye like this is a subtle lip and this pink was perfect for that!
For more inspiration and videos featuring both of these looks visit Mary Kay® on Facebook, Youtube, and of course, their website!
It’s Your Turn: Which makeup look is your favorite? Tell me in the comments for your chance to win a $100 Visa gift card and a special collection of Mary Kay® products.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2014-10/7/2014.
Be sure to visit the Mary Kay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!