Can you believe it’s already been four weeks of daily style? I’m really loving this new feature because it’s challenging me to make the most of what’s in my closet. I’m pulling out pieces that I haven’t worn in a while and finding new ways to pair them up. So although this was your idea, it’s really benefiting me. 🙂
The great thing about posting these pics on Instagram first is that you guys get to ask questions throughout the week that I can answer in my Monday recap post. This past week you asked a lot about the tunics I’m wearing. With the exception of one day, tunics seemed to be the theme for the week!
Gray and cream stripes with leopard.
[Top: c/o Golden Tote/Scarf: Similar/Jeans: Forever 21/Boots: Frye]
This top got lots of questions, no surprise, it’s one of my favorites! It was one of the pieces in my Golden Tote so I can’t link to it, but here’s a similar option.
[ShopRuche: Striped Sweater]
Ava had a doctor’s appointment on this chilly day. I layered a striped top under my tunic for some extra warmth.
[Tunic: c/o J. Jill/Scarf: c/o Leslia NYC/Jeans: Similar/Boots: Similar (On Sale!)/Striped Top: Similar]
The striped top I layered is from Target but I bought it last year. I LOVE the hem on this new one and may need to get it too!
[Long Sleeved Striped Tee]
Strayed from the tunics and made a little extra effort to meet a friend for lunch.
[Henley Blouse: Loft/Scarf: c/o J. Jill (Similar)/Jeans: Paige/Boots: Frye]
Snow day! A good excuse to get cozy and wear my Wellies.
[Tunic: c/o Subtle Luxury/Jeans: Similar/Scarf: Similar/Boots: Hunter]
This tunic also got a lot of questions. The one I’m wearing was gifted to me by Subtle Luxury. It’s gorgeous but it’s cashmere and has a high price tag.
Here are some more affordable options for a similar look
[Silk Cashmere V-neck Tunic – 50% Off]
[Sheer and Solid Tunic]
[Cowl Neck Soft Tunic]
I love this striped tunic from LOFT. It’s one of my favorites and makes an instant outfit with skinny jeans and boots. It’s also on clearance! The necklace caused a commotion on Facebook, but mainly because of the high cost of shipping! This necklace is a great alternative that’s on sale and ends up being about the same price with flat rate shipping.
[Tunic: LOFT/Jeans: Kut from the Kloth/Boots: Similar/Necklace: Similar (On Sale!)]
LOFT is sold out of the color I have but there are three other options – hugely discounted!
P.S. It runs a little small. I normally wear a size small but went up to a medium so it would be longer.
Snippets from our day to day.
- Bailey had WAY too much fun in the snow. She must’ve gone out to play in it at least 20 times in one day. She probably wishes she had owners in a snowy climate instead of Texas.
- Ava and I made a pit stop for some Whataburger on the way to her doctor appointment. She was extra hungry so ordered the big burger and was excited that it was as big as her head!
- Shay made my day with this super sweet gift for being the guest at her Pajama Party last week. Everyone leaves her parties with a favor. How can you not love her? The Velvet Sugar smells just like Valentine’s Day!
- It was cold and rainy on Friday night so we headed out for a big bowl of curry at our local pho restaurant.
- I’m taking my dad for carpal tunnel surgery on both of his hands today. Prayers for a successful procedure and quick recovery would be really appreciated!
Getting my pretty on with Fashion Friday, The Pleated Poppy, Monday Mingle, Totally Posted Tuesday and Style Sessions.
Happy Monday after the Super Bowl! I hope you got your fill of wings and nachos. I’m still cleaning up the kitchen from our party last night. At least there’s lots of FUN stuff on the blog today, so let’s get right to it.
SHAY’S PAJAMA PARTY!
Head on over to Shay’s blog because I’m the special guest for her February Pajama Party today! If you haven’t seen her monthly pajama party feature yet, you have to check it out. It’s one of my favorites in all of blog-land. Stop by to see me in my PJ’s and read all about the ways Shay and I celebrate Valentine’s Day with our families. With Shay involved, you can guess there will be lots of talk about food, fashion and family! Speaking of food, be sure to check out her Meal Planning Monday on her foodie blog too.
DAILY STYLE DIARY
If you’re new here, welcome to my Daily Style Diary. On Monday, I compile my daily pics of my casual everyday outfits that I’ve posted on Instagram this past week, along with links to what I’m wearing. I’d love to have you follow me over there to get the daily looks live. You can also check out more of my recent outfits HERE.
Brr…it was a cold one, so I went for warm and comfy with a fur snood, layers, fleece leggings and penguin socks, of course!
[Sweater/Fur Snood/Fleece Leggings/Boots]
Another cold day, another day for leggings! I kept warm on my trip to Target in my Aztec cardigan, striped tunic, leggings and boots.
Wednesdays are barn days when Ava has her riding lesson. She always tells me to wear the right shoes, probably because I got one of my leopard flats stuck in the mud a few weeks back. Lesson learned, I’m wearing wellies from now on.
When I saw this pretty green cardigan at Target, I had to have it. It makes me feel like spring isn’t so far away!
TGIF! Craig and I met my sister and brother-in-law for dinner and cured my craving for some brisket tacos. Yum!
[Sweater (On Sale!)/Similar Scarf/Jeans/Boots]
Snippets from our daily life.
- Muddy barn boots on the front porch seem to sum up life lately. Craig and I have been on the go with the kids non-stop! I need a full day to tackle some projects around here and get some cleaning done this week (including getting those boots off the porch).
- Wink & Winn sent me this adorable welcome kit last week along with their 3-in-1 crossbody bag. I’m in the process of designing my own custom made bag with them and will share the process with you in a coming post. This is one of the coolest concepts I’ve seen in a long time!
- Our sweet Aubrey turned 15 on Saturday. We celebrated with dinner at her favorite German restaurant and then picked up an assortment of little sweets on the way home. This girl loves sauerkraut but doesn’t like birthday cake. What is wrong with her? 🙂
- New Bath and Body Works scent alert! I picked up the new Golden Magnolia Sun lotion and shower gel over the weekend and oh my gosh, it smells so good. I’m also loving the Violet Lily Sky too. Have you guys smelled them yet?
You can see more of my Daily Mom Style outfits HERE.
It’s Your Turn: How’s the weather in your world this week? Are you getting spring fever yet?
Getting my pretty on with Fashion Friday, The Pleated Poppy, Style Sessions, Totally Posted Tuesday, Intentional Living and Monday Mingle.