Welcome to a special expanded edition of the monthly Pretty Fix! This month I’m doubling my recommendations to give you a good base of fall essentials to build easy fall outfits. Since the majority of my readers are moms who want a fashionable yet functional casual wardrobe I’m dedicating this month’s fix to the pieces that I reach for most in my own daily mom life.
This list covers some classic casual pieces that will never go out of style. If you’d like to see an expanded version of this with the latest trends added in, then I’d love to have you join the Fall 2016 GYPO Style Challenge. Not only are we styling every piece on the list below in our 27 days of outfits but we’re also adding in some fun fall trends.
10 Fall Essentials for Moms
1. Striped Shirt – A striped shirt goes on almost every single style challenge shopping list, and for good reason. It’s a classic that will never go out of style and adds interest to any basic outfit.
2. Plaid Shirt – Fall and plaid go hand in hand. Pair your plaid with your favorite jeans and riding boots or layer it under a sweater on cool days.
1. Utility Parka – This lightweight outerwear staple is just right for chilly fall mornings and evenings. You can layer it over a sweater when the weather turns a bit cooler.
2. Long Cardigan – Autumn dressing is all about the layers. Wear this one over any solid color top and add a printed scarf, skinny jeans and riding boots for an instantly chic outfit.
1. Dark Wash Jeans – Skinny jeans in a dark wash flatter ALL body types and pair perfectly with all of your footwear – including riding boots, ankle boots, loafers, ballet flats and slip on sneakers. Look for a great fitting pair that doesn’t stretch out.
2. Black Skinny Jeans – I always recommend a pair of black jeans because they’re so versatile! They can be easily dressed up for a date night or cuffed and worn with sneakers and an oversized sweatshirt for every day.
1. Riding Boots – If there’s one thing you invest in this fall, make it a great pair of riding boots. I’ve worn the same pair for over five years and on a cost per wear basis, they’ve been more than paid for. Choose a classic style and color and be sure to polish them regularly to keep them looking like new.
2. Black Ankle Boots – Like black jeans, black ankle boots can easily dress up any outfit. They’re perfect for a fall date night but a pair with a low heel works just as well for every day.
1. Leather Tote – A well-made leather tote is great for stashing everything you need for fall festivals and activities. Get one that’s roomy yet lightweight to make sure you don’t feel too weighed down when it’s full.
2. Printed Scarf – The ultimate outfit maker, a printed scarf instantly transforms your solid tees, tops and sweaters into something special. Look for one like this with trendy details like tassels to freshen up your fall scarf collection.
Fall 2016 GYPO Style Challenge
Get the full fall 2016 shopping list with these classic pieces and fun fall trends plus 27 days of mix and match outfits created from these pieces! Join the Fall 2016 GYPO Style Challenge and rediscover your style.
Leather Earrings Giveaway
One lucky girl is going to win her choice of any pair of lightweight leather earrings from Ayla Jane Designs. If you have sensitive ears like me and can’t wear heavy earrings, you will absolutely love these. I’ve been wearing the “Fixer Upper” inspired pair on the right every day! Just pick any of the easy ways to enter below.
I Feel Pretty Link Up
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell us what made you feel pretty this week in the comments.
Get Your Pretty On
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to GYPO (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretties.
That’s it, now go have some fun!