It’s spring break week for our family so we’ve been busy packing our bags to head to the beach.
This inevitably brings back memories of a few years back when I was a terrible over-packer! At least 75% of what I brought on vacation never even got worn.
I’m now a recovered over-packer and can even go as far as calling myself a minimalist packer (pats self on back). The secret? I started to apply the same capsule wardrobe logic that I use to plan the GYPO Style Challenge but on a much smaller scale.
Rules of Packing
Now when I pack I follow these capsule wardrobe rules for every vacation:
- Only include pieces that can be paired up in at least 2-3 different ways.
- Pack only one pair of each type of shoe. One flat shoe, one with heels, and a sneaker.
- Bring as many accessories as you’d like, they don’t take up space and they go a long way toward changing up the look of your basics.
- Take pics on your smartphone of all of your outfit pairings before you go. It makes getting dressed every day that much easier!
At the top of my blog, you’ll find four different categories. Choose the Style one and select Packing Lists from the drop-down menu. As I’ve taken trips and created capsules through the years, I’ve collected them here. You’ll find all kinds of packing lists and mini-capsule wardrobes that are perfect for just about any kind of trip you have coming up.
Today I’ve compiled five of my most popular and useful spring break packing lists. Whether you’re headed to a sunny beach, going on a trip to Europe, or taking a quick four-day getaway, these lists will give you a good starting point for making the most out of what you pack!
Note: Some of these posts are a few years old so the shopping links to pieces may be sold out.
1. 14 PIECE/10 DAY SUMMER VACATION PACKING LIST AND OUTFITS
2. Four Day Weekend Getaway Packing List
3. 14 PIECE/10 DAY BEACH VACATION PACKING LIST
4. 20 Piece/7 Day Paris Spring Break Packing List
5. 14 Piece/10 Day Summer Vacation Packing List
Be sure to check out all of the GYPO PACKING LISTS for ideas for girls, teens, and cold weather climates too!
Get on the List!
Get all the latest style + beauty news first!