It’s spring break week for our family so we’ve been busy packing our bags to head to the beach.
This inevitably brings back memories of a few years back when I was a terrible over packer! At least 75% of what I brought on vacation never even got worn.
I’m now a recovered over packer and can even go as far as calling myself a minimalist packer (pats self on back). The secret? I started to apply the same capsule wardrobe logic that I use to plan the GYPO Style Challenge but on a much smaller scale.
I now follow these capsule wardrobe rules while packing for every vacation:
- Only include pieces that can be paired up in at least 2-3 different ways.
- Pack only one pair of each type of shoe. One flat shoe, one with heels and a sneaker.
- Bring as many accessories as you’d like, they don’t take up space and they go a long way toward changing up the look of your basics.
- Take pics on your smartphone of all of your outfit pairings before you go. It makes getting dressed every day that much easier!
At the top of my blog you’ll find a little suitcase icon that says Packing Lists under it. As I’ve taken trips and created capsules through the years, I’ve collected them here. Click on the suitcase icon to find all kinds of packing lists and mini-capsule wardrobes that are perfect for just about any kind of trip you have coming up.
Today I’ve compiled five of my most popular and useful spring break packing lists. Whether you’re headed to a sunny beach, going on a trip to Europe or taking a quick four day getaway, these lists will give you a good starting point for making the most out of what you pack!
Note: Some of these posts are a few years old so the shopping links to pieces may be sold out.
Be sure to check out all of the GYPO Packing Lists for ideas for girls, teens and cold weather climates too!
I Feel Pretty Link Up
It’s the day of the week at GYPO where we celebrate what makes us feel pretty. Whether it’s a new outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, the I Feel Pretty link up is about anything and everything that makes your life prettier. Even if you’re not a blogger, you can still play along. Just tell me what made you feel pretty this week in the comments.
1. Follow GYPO. (Bloglovin‘, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest)
2. Link up your pretty post.
3. Link back to GYPO (using the button above or your own link).
4. Visit other pretties.